The Greater Largo Library Foundation is now accepting Request for Proposals for a new Bookmobile vehicle.
Click here to download the Bookmobile RFP.
The Greater Largo Library Foundation promotes equal opportunity in the procurement of services. Bids and requests for proposals are posted in this section. Potential bidders are responsible for checking this site regularly to see if any addenda has been added.
Our Vision: A Mobile Branch for Community Outreach Services
Largo Public Library conducted Community Conversations in which residents told staff that one of the Library’s goals should be to increase outreach services. Many believe a bookmobile is the best option to bring the benefits of reading and access to information to the people who need it most. It may be a convenience for some, but for many, bookmobile service will be life changing. Especially to those who can’t get to the library such as home-bound seniors and at risk children and teens. Library staff will go further than taking traditional library service to the people of Largo. They will elevate programs and services to a higher level by partnering with other Largo organizations to ensure literacy for all.
CHALLENGES AND BARRIERS TO LIBRARY SERVICES
Largo has areas that Library staff consider under-served. Many have limited access to transportation due to economic and mobility factors. Some are unaware of the shared resources available at the library.
- Largo has one of the largest senior citizen populations in Pinellas County.
- Data shows the number of library cards among residents drop significantly in areas furthest from the building.
- There are several low performing schools in the Library’s service area.
- Transportation in Largo can be difficult and costly.
WHO WILL THE BOOKMOBILE SERVE?
- Seniors – 34% of Largo’s Population
- Children – Teens
- Under-served Areas and Neighborhoods
WHAT WILL THE BOOKMOBILE PROVIDE THE COMMUNITY?
- Support for Early Literacy
- Kids Connected to Learning
- Resources for Largo’s Workforce
- Partnerships With Schools
- Access to Technology
WHERE WILL THE BOOKMOBILE STOP?
- Assisted Living Facilities
- Community Centers
- Mobile Home Parks
- and More!
A donation to the bookmobile campaign will help provide resources for education, language and job skills and lifelong reading. This increased level of service will help us follow through on the library’s and the Foundation’s commitment to providing literacy opportunities for all.