The Greater Largo Library Foundation is currently hiring a Director of Development to lead
funding initiatives in support of the Largo Public Library.
GLLF DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT
The GLLF raises funds to support the enhancement of services offered by the Largo Public Library for the betterment
of the citizens & community life of the City of Largo, Florida. The GLLF Director of Development is both the face of the
organization & its development center. We are looking for someone with strongmarketing & organizational skills, a
working use of the principles, practices & techniques of non-profit fundraising and would prefer someone with a deep
knowledge of the greater Tampa Bay business & civic communities.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Identify, contact & cultivate current & possible future donors for major & blended gifts, planned giving,
sponsorships & grants.
- Manage & utilize the Bloomerang Donor Tracking System.
- Coordinate ongoing recognition & stewardship of existing & prior donors & sponsors.
- Develop, plan & execute fundraising programs & activities in collaboration with the Executive Directors
& the Board.
- Develop, institute & monitor marketing plans for the branding of & information on the GLLF in general
and any specific events or fundraising efforts using traditional methods (i.e. solicitation forms,
newsletters, print media, TV & radio advertising) as well as newer social media (Web sites, Facebook,
Twitter, Instagram, etc).
- Develop & institute a “non-profit” internship program in conjunction with one or several local colleges
- Develop & maintain a “Volunteer” outreach & training program for Board Membership, Accounting,
Clerical & event help.
- Facilitate & monitor the maintenance of records & legal documents in accordance with federal & state
laws & regulations.
- Present monthly written & oral reports to the Executive Committee & the Board on your activities
- Assist in the preparation of the GLLF annual budget with forecasts based on both historical data
- Maintain cordial & mutually beneficial relationships with Board Members, the Library Director & staff,
City of Largo Council, City of Largo officials & staffs as well as local business & community leaders.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business management, social services administration, marketing or related field.
- 5 years’ experience in development & fundraising activities for a non-profit organization or equivalent
combination of training & experience.
- Knowledge of word processing, excel spreadsheet & database skills. Familiarity with Bloomerang a plus.
Click here to download the job application: Director of Development Application Form
Fill it out and email it along with your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
We look forward to hearing from you!